Bluebell Dental Practice Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bluebell Dental Practice Limited, with company number 07129904, and its registered office at 140 Tomswood Hill, Chigwell, Essex, IG6 2QP.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (www.bluebelldp.co.uk) (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service (as a patient), posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information [when you enter a competition or
promotion sponsored by Bluebell Dental Practice Limited, and when you report a problem with our site.
Information that you provide when you contact us by telephone, email or in person at our clinics.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of services you use on our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own contact database purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
The type of information that we collect and process may include personal information including but not limited to your name, address, date of birth, gender, email address, names and dates of birth of your family members, telephone numbers.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. We only use “session cookies” which are deleted at the end of your browsing session for the purpose of authenticating any login or password details provided by you to access parts of our site. We do not use any cookies that contain information that is transferred to or stored the hard drive of your computer.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our
site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email, SMS or telephone.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the registration form when you apply to register with us via our site.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Bluebell Dental Practice Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply null or our terms of business available from our clinics and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bluebell Dental Practice Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with
details of the information we hold about you.
GDPR – Bluebell PRIVACY NOTICE TO
WE WILL KEEP YOUR RECORDS SAFE
This dental practice complies with the Data Protection Act (1998) and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018. This means that we will ensure that your information is processed fairly and lawfully.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE NEED TO HOLD?
- Past & current medical & dental history, personal information such as address, phone numbers, age & name of your GP.
- Details of your NHS number & healthcare treatment entitlement.
- Details of your exemption status if applicable.
- X-rays, clinical photographs & study models.
- Treatment plans & correspondence regarding treatment we have provided or proposed plus its costs.
- Notes of conversations or incidents that might occur for which a record needs to be kept.
- Consent of treatment.
- Any correspondence relating to you with other health care professionals ie:
hospitals or community services.
WHY DO WE HOLD THIS INFORMATION?
We keep accurate personal data in order to provide you with safe & appropriate dental care. If providing care under the NHS, we also need to process personal data to ensure proper management & administration of the NHS.
We will retain your dental records, study models & X-rays while you are a patient of this practice & for eleven years or until the age of 25yrs (whichever is longer) once you cease to be a patient.
We hold your information in the our computer system or in a secure manual filing system. Information is only accessible to authorised personnel. Information will not be removed for the practice with the patients consent. Personal information is carefully protected & all access is held securely and passwords are changed regularly. Data is encrypted & computers are closed if unattended.
TIMES WE MAY NEED TO DISCLOSE YOUR
- In order to provide proper & safe dental care to:
- ** Your GP
- **Hospital or Community dental service
- ** Other health professionals caring for you
- ** NHS payment authorities
- ** Inland Revenue
- ** Private dental schemes of which you’re a member
- ** Benefits Agency (where you are claiming exemption or remission from NHS charges)
We will only release information on a need-to-know basis & only to those individuals/organisations who need to know, in order to provide care for you & for the proper administration of government. Only information that the recipient needs to know will be disclosed.
In very limited circumstances or when required by law or a court order, personal data may have to be disclosed to a third party not connected with your health care. In all other situations disclosure is not covered by this disclosure & will only occur with your consent. Where possible you will be informed of any requests for disclosure.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE
If you do not wish us to use your information, you should discuss the matter with your dentist or the practice manager. If you object to the way we collect & use the information, we may not be able to continue to provide your dental care.
If you have any concerns about how we use the information & you do not feel able to discuss it with your dentist or the practice manager, you should contact The Information Commissioners Office (ICO), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745.
Date: 25th May 2018