What is fractional skin resurfacing?
The erbium laser skin resurfacing is the treatment of choice for those who would like to achieve great improvement in the appearance of their skin. It successfully removes superficial lines to moderately deep wrinkles.
Number of sessions
- The time for a treatment session will depend upon the size of the area being treated. For example, a full face and neck treatment will take approximately half an hour.
- In most cases results can be seen after one treatment
- A combination of wrinkle reduction, pigmentation improvements and smoother texture are obvious. Some patients may require two treatments, spaced approximately one month apart to achieve the desired results.
- The combination of laser and fillers is a good option.
What are the effects of fractional skin resurfacing?
During the session and during each spot, a feeling of deep heat will be perceived. After treatment the skin will be slightly red. The redness will disappear within hours, giving way to a smooth and taut skin, with no signs. The results will be immediately visible and will be highlighted in the weeks and months that follows, consolidating the effects for a few years.
After laser treatment
- The patient may feel itching or stinging sensations for 12-72 hours after the procedure.
- Five to seven days after laser resurfacing your skin will become dry and peel. Once the skin heals, you can wear oil free makeup to minimize redness, which usually fades in two or three months.
Sunscreen and hat
Patients should protect their faces. Limit sun exposure for a few days after treatment specially between 10am – 2pm.
Use broad-spectrum sunscreen for your face, after a few days which sunscreen ultraviolet B and ultraviolet A rays, to protect the skin. It should have a physical blocker, such as zinc oxide and a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 50.